Tuesday 16 October 2012

A Friday night with Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Cookies


For all you cookie monsters out there...! 

I made these cookies last Friday for some friends of mine. We were having a night in with some movies so I thought I would take these bad boys to the party. Nevertheless, they went down a treat..! 

I'd had the idea of peanut butter in a cookie for the whole day so when I got back from work, I trawled the internet for a recipe I would like. I found the recipe on lovintheoven.com which I adapted slightly to suit my taste ie. less sugar. I would definitely check out the website....it has literally oodles of recipes!!

I do have to say that the cookies were a bit too cake-like for my liking so next time, I might probably knock out the baking powder and add more sugar for something a bit more chewy...here goes! 


Ingredients:
160g all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder (do not recommend)
1/4 tsp salt
115g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
230g peanut butter (at room temperature)
50g sugar (original recipe calls for 150g)
55g packed light brown sugar (original calls for 110g)
1 egg (at room temperature)
1 tbsp coconut/almond milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
50g white chocolate chips

Method:

  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan). 
  • Beat both butters and sugars together and then beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. 
  • Then sift all the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. 
  • Combine both wet and dry ingredients and mix in white chocolate chips until well combined. 
  • Using a tablespoon or an ice-cream scoop, scoop onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. 
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes and Voila..! 
Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Enjoy..! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment